Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Rain or Shine

A little post I wrote a while back. Maybe it will encourage you to know that other people have bad days too. And even more-so, to know that God is faithful. 
Always. 



 She was already tired. Already had enough to deal with and they were calling for storms. Three days of it. It's hard to smile when the sun is hidden behind thick layers of wet grey. 

She cried and wondered, was it supposed to feel this way? Sometimes facing failures and reality felt like too much. He pulled her close, let her cry it out. She found comfort in that strong heartbeat. He spoke truth and she nodded, agreeing. 
Tears are ok, and being in a hard place is too. 
As long as you don't just sit there. 

She read Scripture. She prayed. They still called for rain and thunderstorms while she battened down the emotional hatches. 

But, then. 

The day came. The wind blew hard. And the sun remained. She waited all day to hear  thunder, to struggle in remaining thankful anyway. She did struggle, but the storm was held off. God, in His mercy, kept the sun out and the birds singing.

She walked outside and saw the rain falling far away on those hills to the south. It was falling, but not here. Not where she was. Her Father knew just what she needed that day.

And even when, eventually, the clouds did break loose and shower down. She knew that everything was going to be alright. She knew because she could feel, on her heart, His sweet love washing over and strengthening such a weak one as herself. 

And she rested in all the ways her heavenly Father chose to love her. 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love how you express yourself in story form. It makes it so powerful. I love the storm analogy.

    And I love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kellie. It's a writing style that I picked up from another blog I follow. The author of it occasionally writes a post like this one, and I loved it You should try it some time!
      I love you too, my gorgeous Cali friend! ;)

      ps. the other blog is aholyexperience.com.

      Delete
  2. Such a poet. . So beautifully put Fred. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're just the best, I appreciate you George!

      Delete
  3. This is an amazing pic of yoi at the top.

    ReplyDelete

You leaving your thoughts on these posts really makes my day. Thank you! I might not be able to reply to every single one but please know that every comment is treasured and appreciated.