Monday, February 24, 2014

Spring, was that you?


The beginning of this week was definitely Spring-like. Full of soft sunshine and mild temperatures. But as I write this, I'm reminded that it's still just February and Winter has a ways to go yet. It snowed for a couple hours just now and there's a light dusting of snow covering everything outside. Spring will come  eventually and I know this harsh Winter is going to make me so excited for when it finally does get here! And I'm very grateful for the few days of warm weather we did have because it allowed for us to get some projects done around here. We're slowly but surely crossing things off the home improvements and 'need to be done before Baby Rodgers gets here' list.



Oh and a little happy thing occurred for me last week. I got maternity jeans! I feel so comfy and beautiful in them. Maybe it's not that big of a deal to you, but as a woman entering into this phase of life with all the worldly misconceptions, (You're gonna love your baby, but hate what pregnancy does to your body. You'll struggle with body image the entire time. You're probably just going to feel ugly a lot.) I'm praising God for being able to rejoice and have confidence in my new body. Now please don't read that and think that I haven't struggled at all with accepting the way my body looks now, because I have. For example: One evening before bed I saw myself in our full-length mirror and realized that I looked so different. I didn't look like I thought I was supposed to look like pregnant. I just started crying right there in front Jonathan. Pathetic, I know. On those kinds of days, I'm thankful for two things:

1. A heavenly Father who convicts/reminds me that I am not my own. He created me to bear this child and what I look like after pregnancy is not all important. (read: it's not all about Breanne) 
And 2. I have a supportive husband who's very quick to assure me that he still views me as beautiful and that he's still very attracted to me, bigger tummy and all! 

And yay for pretty preggo jeans, amen?!


This post was just a little update on what our life looked like last week. Nothing out of the ordinary or that exciting really. But thank you for reading it all the same. Oh and stay tuned for some exciting happenings that are coming up this next week. I hope to be able to share soon! 













ps. we've been working on a little project 
for Pickle and here's a tiny sneak peek! 





1 comment:

  1. So so cute!! Can't wait to see the project :)

    ReplyDelete

You leaving your thoughts on these posts really makes my day. Thank you! I might not be able to reply to every single one but please know that every comment is treasured and appreciated.