
Unless you haven't been following us on Facebook or Instagram, it would be hard to miss the big update that's currently happening in our lives at this moment. As you can see from the picture above, we have some little shoes to fill come this summer! Yes, we are pregnant! As I type this, our little Little is growing, tumbling and being all cute n' stuff inside of my body. We are thrilled! Many of you have been asking questions that I'll answer here, in case some of you are still wondering:
- As of today, I'm at thirteen weeks
- Yes, I've been somewhat sick. But my main problem has been fatigue. (That's why you haven't seen a lot of updates here, or anywhere for that matter. I've just too tired to do much of anything.)
- I have a small bump that's probably not that noticeable to you, unless I pull my shirt tight across my tummy ;)
- Our due date is July 14th
- We've been told by our doctor that everything so far look great. I'm healthy, the babe is growing normally and it's looking to be a normal pregnancy. We're so grateful to Jesus for His mercy and don't at all take it for granted.

Life has been very busy for us with the holidays and planning for the wedding that we're shooting in Alabama this week. We leave tomorrow! Pray for safety as we travel in this frigid weather. We're excited for the first wedding to shoot for 2014 and as Light & Letter Photography! Once things settle down I'm sure we can start planning properly for this babe. No worries for now though, we have plenty of time :)
All in all, Jonathan and I are excited and humbled that God would choose us to be the parents to this child. We know we won't be perfect, we know that it will be an ongoing learning process and we know we can't do it without the grace of our Heavenly Father. He has given us a great responsibility and joy. A precious, priceless gift. A soul to shepherd. Only through Him will anything we do as parents benefit our child and bring Him glory.
All in all, Jonathan and I are excited and humbled that God would choose us to be the parents to this child. We know we won't be perfect, we know that it will be an ongoing learning process and we know we can't do it without the grace of our Heavenly Father. He has given us a great responsibility and joy. A precious, priceless gift. A soul to shepherd. Only through Him will anything we do as parents benefit our child and bring Him glory.

Dear Little Pickle,
We finally got to see you last week! I recognized your head and nose and tiny hands immediately. I was amazed at how defined every part of you already was! Your Dad had tears in his eyes as he watched you kick and wave your arms. I kept looking over at him and saying, "Do you see? Do you see?!" And he just smiled the biggest smile. I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry you have to wait so long to be held. I realized how long of a wait it's going to be, but you're in the safest place you could be right now. Keep growing and get ready to be in our arms come July. Oh, we're so ready to meet you. We lay awake at night to think of nicknames and laugh at the silly ones we come up with. I'm getting used to your Dad talking to my belly, but really talking to you (even though you probably can't hear him yet). We dream of you and are already proud to call you ours and show you off. And that little hand? Those five fingers all splayed wide like a wave? How that, for some reason, pierces my heart in this beautifully aching way. You are seen. You are known. You are wanted.
Love,
Mom & Dad

I am ever so happy for you two. God couldn't have picked more perfect parents. I love the blog post. It is beyond beautiful. I will pray for you all.
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! Congrats again! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteOk so your are making this proud aunt get teary eyed! Beautiful words and that baby is so loved already!
ReplyDeleteI am SO happy for you!! I feel my own happy tears as I read this and see what a precious little person Baby Rogers already is!
ReplyDeleteOne question:
Do I get to be Auntie Kellie?? :D
I can't wait to meet this little precious life... Oh my goodness I'm so excited!!! You and Jon are the most amazing parents this little pickle could ever have :)
ReplyDelete