I read the above quote over on her blog the other day and it startled me a bit. It was such a challenge to me, a challenge to just rest in His all-knowing plan.
I'm always wanting, scheming, trying to take control. I suppose it's out of fear. Fear of being forgotten. Fear of being unloved.
Fear of God failing me.
We experience hard things, perplexing things. Life sometimes spins out of control and we're just standing wide-eyed and shaking, asking:
Where are you God?
And then we wonder...if He is there, why is He standing there and letting all this happen?
Don't You love us?
Yes.
Yes, He does. Sometimes, it's just not always in a way that we can understand. Did we expect it would be? After all, He doesn't think like us and He doesn't do things the way we do them.
He does it all much, much better.
So when you get that phone call, or that person says those hurtful words. Or when he forgets, or she ignores you. When they have, and you don't.
When it all really just feels out of control, let yourself be loved in the way that He decides is best.
In the letting go we let Him in.
Surrendering to Him can mean that we're surrendering worry, fear, pride.
Don't we all want to give those things up?
Just let Him love. Not how you want. But how you need it.
Let Him love you.
Don't we all want to give those things up?
Just let Him love. Not how you want. But how you need it.
Let Him love you.
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
(John 16:33 ESV)


Very uplifting post Brea. exactly what I needed to hear. Love and miss you..
ReplyDeleteThanks for your sweet words, Lissa. I'm glad it encouraged you :)
DeleteBrea! Beautiful picture and I love the quote you put on it!! So pretty.
ReplyDeleteThank you Kellie! I'm having so much fun pairing quotes and song lyrics with pictures I take. You should try it!
Delete