From my Mother I inherited a love of lists.
(I also inherited a love of reading. How to be sarcastic. And an appreciation of old school music. For example, The Beatles, Bread, James Taylor, etc. But that's not what this post is about.)
Here is the project I worked on tonight. It's just a little something I made to get myself organized and to make the dreaded grocery shopping run a little easier (and cuter!).
If you're like me, you know it's much simpler when you go to the grocery with a list of what you need. When I don't have my list we usually end up forgetting stuff or coming home with things we don't need.
Well, I got tired of writing out the list every time because it doesn't really vary that much. Plus, I wanted something compact. Notebooks weren't working out and a piece of paper is too big and floppy.
I know, I know....I'm picky.
ANYways, all that to say, here's what I created as a solution:


I divided our list into four categories and after some wrestling with our PowerPoint program I finally got it to work on a 4X6 format.
Just the perfect size to print out, throw in my purse and toss in the trash when we're done with it!

I found a cute header on ShabbyBlogs and used it as the cover. And after some cutting and stapling I had what I was looking for!
No, it's not perfectly centered and straight and it still needs tweaking, but it works for me.
Thanks Momma, for teaching me to be diligent and to love being organized.
Oh, and can we listen to some oldies when we come in next week? ;)


Yahoo!!! Can I have one!? :)
ReplyDeleteIts a proud day!!! Make me one!!! LOVE IT!!!
ReplyDeleteBring on the Oldies!!! :))))
ReplyDeleteLove love love! I write out a list in categories too...dairy, frozen, ect....but mine is ugly. Now I want to make one like yours!
ReplyDelete